Friday, September 24, 2010

Trying to get my Usher on but I can't let it burn.

Hello.

It has been quite sometime since my last entry. Alot has been going on and happened since then. What had not had happened is we are not yet a billionaire.

Err. Random. I. Know.

Anywhoo, since the Hari Raya, I am nothing but happy. This year, I am super blesses with everything. The duit Raya is goooooood, the kuih Raya is marvelous *credits to my baby sister* and family is extended. Yes, now I am a proud member of DMHA (that's what HB5 calls it!) Ooooo, yes. Life IS good. Though I had to work like on the third day of Raya, but that was what I chose to do and never will complaint. To me personally, I find that helping people is something I was born to do. I feel extremely good knowing that my patients are getting better and returning to their norm. Enough about my work, lets talk about Raya!

On first Raya.
This year is actually the first Raya that we went to my dad's side first. Enjoyed Nenek's super delicious lontong and then went to Tokmak's. Tokmak made sambal ikan bilis which no words can describe how good it tasted (I even tapau-ed home!) and gave me duit Raya though she said she wasn't going to! Lucky me :) Later in the evening went to Maklong's and ate some more. That night, my mom's side came beraya our house. Mama cooked laksa and nasi mandi and i ate, ate, ate and ate. :)

The salam salam this year went well I must say. It felt so natural, the words came out gracefully *lol and I truly felt each word I said. It kinda felt like this year is going to my last. Maybe?

**This year is also the first year my grandfather is no longer with us. We and the Merus pegi kubur. I felt terrible and wished that he had not passed on. I know I didn't spent like a lot of time with him, but I had always admired him. For the man that he is, for the things he had done. Al-Fatihah.

On second raya.
Its a ritual for my mom's side to go pay a visit at my late Tok Ghulam's kubur. Though I personally never met him (he died before I was born) I always feel like I know him. Through the stories my mom told and to the picture I see, I know that he was once a good man. A strict, disciplined man.

Went to Lake Garden for some swan ride with little cousins. It was fun! But the not so fun part was when my BIL lost his BB. We thought of going to Penang but unfortunately I was oncall the next day, so we came home in the evening and got safely home before Maghrib.

Basically, that was my Hari Raya. By third day, I felt like Raya was over and ready to get back to my daily routines. FUN kan? :)

To everyone who knows me, I don't want to miss the opportunity to say Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir & Batin!





No comments:

Post a Comment